Boozt AB publishes the full-year report for the financial year of 2022 (January 1, 2022 - December 31, 2022), which includes the Corporate Governance Report and Sustainability Report.
Highlights from the Annual Report:
- Net revenue of SEK 6,743 million and a net revenue growth of 16.0% (local currency 12.1). Net revenue growth of 13.6% for Boozt.com and 29.4% for Booztlet.com.
- The full-year net revenue in the Nordics increased with 16.5% mainly driven by Sweden and Finland. The rest of Europe increased 10.0%.
- The gross profit increased 13.4% to SEK 2,666.8 million. The gross margin came to 39.5%.
- Adjusted EBIT decreased to SEK 285.6 million for the period. The adjusted EBIT margin decreased with 1.7 percentage points to 4.2%.
- Average order value at a historic high mainly driven by more items per basket and supported by additional migration of customers to multi-category buyers.
- Successfully managed to deliver a healthy and improved inventory position at year end, despite lower-than-expected market growth in 2022.
- Boozt is leaving 2022 in a stronger position both commercially and financially.
Highlights from the Sustainability Report:
- The full-year CO₂e intensity for all markets is 0.49 kg CO₂e per parcel while our local and optimised delivery patterns and fossil-free delivery options have allowed us to maintain a low 0.29 kg CO₂e per parcel in our Nordic delivery countries.
- Committed to setting near- and long-term company-wide emission reductions in line with science-based net-zero with the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi).
- Submission of the extended version of the Climate Change Questionnaire of CDP (Carbon Disclosure Project).
- Boozt scored 25 (out of 100) in the 2022 S&P Global Corporate Sustainability Assessment. The average score within the industry group of retailing is 18.
Comment from Co-founder & CEO, Hermann Haraldsson:
“In 2022, we have continued to invest in technology and logistics, to further improve the customer experience and increase efficiency. We have also expanded our partnerships with brands, which has allowed us to offer an even wider range of products to our customers. Our long-term business indicators are all developing positively.
Boozt is leaving this year in a stronger position both commercially and financially and we are confident that the market in 2023 provides significant opportunities. The strategy is unchanged, and we remain laser-focused on further developing the Nordic Department Store.”
The full Annual Report including the Corporate Governance Report and the Sustainability Report for 2022 is available at https://www.booztgroup.com/