Reporting period January - June
- Orders received rose by 15.7% to SEK 12,025 M (10,395), and grew organically by 4.7%
- Net sales increased by 12.7% to SEK 10,858 M (9,634), and grew organically by 1.3%
- Profit before tax rose by 5.1% to SEK 1,285 M (1,223)
- Net profit increased by 5.1% to SEK 951 M (905)
- Earnings per share increased by 5.3% to SEK 3.98 (3.78)
- EBITA before restructuring rose by 8.2% to SEK 1,873 M (1,731)
Reporting period April - June
- Orders received rose by 20.9% to SEK 6,230 M (5,153), and grew organically by 8.2%
- Profit before tax rose by 9.5% to SEK 716 M (654)
- EBITA before restructuring rose by 9.7% to SEK 1,019 M (929)
- Continued favourable earnings outlook for 2012
Second quarter 2012
Expectations of a significant improvement in earnings growth during the second half of the current year are based on strong orders received during the second quarter.
The Group's orders received experienced a strong trend during the quarter and grew organically by a highly favourable 8.2%. Accordingly, the organic increase in orders received for the first six months of the year totalled 4.7%. Orders received for Medical Systems were particularly strong and grew organically by 15.7%. Infection Control's orders received increased organically by slightly less than 1%, compared with strong orders received during the year-earlier period.
Extended Care's organic orders received were slightly higher than in the year-earlier period.
Orders received remained very strong in the markets outside Western Europe and North America, which comprise a growing portion of the Group's sales. During the first six months of the year, about one-third of orders received were generated in these markets. The volume trend in the markets in Western Europe continued to outperform expectations, while the trend for medical-technical capital goods in North America has been weak to date in 2012.
Teleconference with CEO Johan Malmquist and CFO Ulf Grunander11 July 2012 at
10:00am CETSweden: +46 8 5352 6408 (always use the area
code) UK: +44 207 784 1036
The information is such that Getinge AB must disclose in accordance with the Swedish Securities Market Act and/or the Financial Instruments Trading Act.
GETINGE GROUP is a leading global provider of products and systems that contribute to quality enhancement and cost efficiency within healthcare and life sciences. We operate under the three brands of ArjoHuntleigh, GETINGE and MAQUET. ArjoHuntleigh focuses on patient mobility and wound management solutions. GETINGE provides solutions for infection control within healthcare and contamination prevention within life sciences. MAQUET specializes in solutions, therapies and products for surgical interventions, interventional cardiology and intensive care.