Highlights during the second quarter
- Net asset value amounted to SEK 154.9 bn. (SEK 204 per share) on June 30, 2012,
a decrease by SEK 12.1 bn., (SEK 16 per share) during the quarter.
- Investor acquired additional shares in ABB, NASDAQ OMX and Wärtsilä.
- Wärtsilä became a new core investment. Investor now owns 8.7 percent of the company.
- Investor invested EUR 42 m. in Gambro to support its strategic plan to accelerate growth and improve margins.
- Net asset value amounted to SEK 154,871 m. (SEK 204 per share) on June 30, 2012, compared to SEK 156,070 m. (SEK 205 per share) at year-end 2011, corresponding to a change, with dividend added back, of 2 percent during the period (6). The Stockholm Stock Exchange's Total Return Index (SIXRX) was 7 percent during the same period (-1). Over the past 20 years, annual net asset value growth, with dividend added back, has been 13 percent.
- Consolidated net profit for the period, including unrealized change in value, was
SEK 3,924 m. (SEK 5.19 per share), compared to SEK 10,080 m. (SEK 13.32 per share) for the same period 2011.
- Core Investments contributed SEK 2,081 m. to net asset value for the period (3,615), of which Listed SEK 2,783 m. (3,269).
- Financial Investments contributed SEK 1,708 m. to net asset value for the period (7,397).
- Leverage (net debt/total assets) was 13.4 percent as of June 30, 2012 (9.8).
- The total return on the Investor share was 7 percent during the period (4), of which -6 percent during the second quarter (-2). The total annual return on the Investor share averaged -2 percent over the past 5-year period, 9 percent over the past 10-year period and 12 percent over the past 20-year period.
Investor is the leading owner of Nordic-based international companies, founded by the Wallenberg family a hundred years ago. We own significant minority or majority interests in high quality companies. Through our participation on the boards of directors, we work for continuous improvement of the performance of the companies. With our industrial experience, network and financial strength we strive to make our companies best-in-class. Our cash flow allows us to support strategic initiatives in our companies, capture investment opportunities and provide our shareholders with a dividend. Our Core Investments include listed holdings Atlas Copco, ABB, SEB, Ericsson and the operating subsidiary Mölnlycke Health Care.
For further information:
Magnus Dalhammar, Acting Head of Corporate Communications:
Phone +46 8 614 2130, +46 735 24 2130